‘Twas on one April morning, just as the sun was rising
‘Twas on one April morning, I heard the small birds sing
They were singing Lovely Nancy, for love it is a fancy,
And how sweet were the notes that I heard the small birds sing.”
( Traditional collected by Priscilla Wyatt-Edgel from Mr R Bryant, Cowley, Exeter, Devon)
I have saturated myself this week in still life and spring flowers.
My Friday find is some lovely linen cloths. It is sold as ‘scrim’ ( a strong, coarse fabric, chiefly used for heavy-duty lining or upholstery) it is supposed to be used for window cleaning but not by me ! I do blame Kim for this so many lovely things to look at on her Pinterest boards ! Linen being a natural fabric adds a lovely colour and texture to my still life photography.
Some beautiful Spring flowers appearing in the garden now, whites, yellows and blues so subtle and simple.
|Digital supplies by Rosie Posey @ Scrapbook Graphics|
Some random facts
- A certain person has started practising packing for New Zealand, how do you get so much in a rucksack !
- So far I have resisted Easter eggs .
- I get so much joy from simple Spring flowers.
- The periwinkle in the garden needs a machete to keep it under control !
- Particularly loving this from Jim Moray
Have a lovely holiday weekend hope you get some Easter eggs …..