A week of thinking, reading, watching and meeting.
I have just embarked on a six week course led by Brene Brown. First impressions and I am treading warily finding my way through the obstacles my gremlins throw at me. You know the ones that say, ‘Why bother ?’ ‘You’re not worth it ‘ . ‘There are other things you could be doing’.
I am confronting these obstacles, untangling them like snarled wool, and for the first time in my 58 years I might be seeing a pinhole of light. I have shame, I have worries mostly starting with….’what if ?
But as Brene says do the work with intention.
So my Friday Find is the wonderful Brene Brown
My not so Random Five are
- I took a selfie and smiled in it.
- I met up with Barbara in Bristol and we had a photo walk so great to meet a fellow groupie.
- I talked with Mark about some of my long term issues (we have been together for over 30 years) things that I have never verbalised.
- I am working on my body issues and envy of anyone with long legs.
- On a lighter note I love listening to the Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode ‘Wittertainment’ podcasts on the BBC they are so British and I think so funny. Mark and I listened to many of these driving from Tucson, Arizona to Santa Fe New Mexico two years ago.
Have a wonderful weekend.